DOVIA Colorado is currently seeking an assistant for the CCOV (Colorado Conference on Volunteerism) planning committee.
Please see below for details or click link to download the job description.
CONFERENCE PLANNING ASSISTANT CONTRACT DESCRIPTIONTITLE: Conference Planning Assistant for Colorado Conference on Volunteerism
REPORTS TO: Colorado Conference on Volunteerism (CCOV) Committee Co-Chairs
ORGANIZATION: DOVIA Colorado
DATE: April - Mid September, CCOV on September 7, 2023Who We Are:DOVIA CO provides education and networking for those who manage volunteers, advocates for issues
concerning volunteerism, and elevates the field of volunteer engagement. DOVIA Colorado is a grassroots
nonprofit managed by an operational board that values creative ideas and dedication to our mission.
CONTRACT SUMMARYDOVIA Colorado annually facilitates the Colorado Conference on Volunteerism (CCOV). We are looking
for a detailed oriented, organized event planner to support our CCOV Committee in preparing for the
conference, as well as onsite support for the one day conference. If this sounds like you, we’d like you to
consider contracting with our team.
The compensation available for this contract is $5,500 for 6 months for an average of 25 hours of work a
month, with the bulk of hours, 10 hours a week, during late August through mid September.RESPONSIBILITIES
The Conference Planning Assistant is responsible for assisting DOVIA Colorado and the CCOV CommitteeCONTACTSHas regular interaction and contact with CCOV Committee Co-Chairs and DOVIA Colorado Board of
coordinating event planning and logistical tasks to prepare for the conference as well as day of onsite
- In conjunction with the CCOV Co-Chairs, manage conference logistics from pre-planning, determining resource needs, pre-event marketing, and onsite coordination, to post-event follow-up
- Assist in CCOV site and vendor selections along with negotiating the best possible rates and terms (catering, etc)
- Track and manage event budget to guide CCOV committee and DOVIA Colorado Board members
- Plan pre-event marketing and coordinate with the DOVIA Colorado Communications/Administrative Assistant
- Assist in tracking, communicating and coordinating CCOV presenters
- Order supplies needed for conference and ensure items arrive in a timely fashion
- Assist with coordinating DOVIA Colorado Board tasks and responsibilities at CCOV, assign day-ofduties, and provide generaldirection
- Spearhead communication with conference attendees before, during, and after the conference, including developing specific “know before you go” pre-conference communication for attendees
- Work with DOVIA Colorado Communications/Administrative Assistant to coordinate conference attendee communication, sponsorship deliverables and ensure they are met
- Serve as day-of point of contact for vendors, committee members, and DOVIA Colorado Board members
- Secure location and date for subsequent year’s conference
- Create a post-conference report based on survey results and wrap-up meetings to inform future conferences (report completed two weeks post conference)
Directors. May interact externally with DOVIA Colorado members and community organizations.WORKING CONDITIONSAs a contract position, the use of personal equipment (computer, printer, phone) is required. This is
primarily a remote work position with occasional in person commitments, including preparation for
CCOV on September 6 as well as mandatory attendance on September 7, 2023 for CCOV. Email
communication will be through a DOVIA Colorado CCOV Gmail account with an expectation of
responding within 48 hours. DOVIA Colorado contractors create their own work schedules, pursuant to
the total budget and hours available in the contract, and expected outcomes.QUALIFICATIONS
To Apply: Email resume and statement of interest to DOVIA Colorado at DOVIAColorado@gmail.com
- Previous experience planning and implementing events and/or conferences
- Proficient computer skills, including the use of social media and Google Drive
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal
- Comfort with basic graphic design, including but not limited to Canva, Adobe or the like preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple groups of people and diverse populations
- Ability to think strategically and with an entrepreneurial eye to find process improvements and new opportunities
- Quick problem-solving skills and flexibility to do what’s needed to navigate independently
- Ability to balance a variety of tasks simultaneously
by March 31, 2023.
*We will be accepting applications until this position is filled but need to fill this position as soon as possible.
Please contact us at the above email with any questions.