2023 Conference Schedule
Thursday, September 7, 2023
Denver Botanic Gardens
WE ARE IN PERSON!
For the Full Day Schedule of Events, please click here.
Session titles and presenters are below. Click here to download the full descriptions.
Conference session topics vary based on years of experience and are outlined below.
Planting the Seeds (new professionals, less than 2 years):
A Time for Harvest (intermediate professionals, 2-5 years):
- Basics of volunteer management (recruitment, retention, recognition)
- Authentic leadership, relationship building
- How to build a team effectively, support, resources
- Challenging volunteers or situations in the field
Changing with the seasons (advanced professionals, 5+ years):
- Self -care/ compassion fatigue
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Ageism- older volunteers- working through barriers
- Workplace culture with a volunteer program (staff training, think like a volunteer, working with other departments)
- Working with different age groups
- Evaluate your program beyond the numbers
- Gaining leadership buy in
Planting the Seeds: Brianna Cronin–Success as a New Volunteer Coordinator in an Established Volunteer Program
A Time for Harvest: Severina Ware, CVA–What have you done for YOU lately? A Conversation about Professional Self-Advocacy
Changing with the Seasons: Laurie Gillman, The Three V’s: Integrating Volunteers into Culture
Planting the Seeds: Betsy McFarland–Recognizing and Retaining Volunteers on a Limited Budget
A Time for Harvest: Beth Steinhorn–Equipping Staff for Success: Training Colleagues to Engage Volunteers
Changing with the Seasons: Sue Schafer–Engaging the Next Generation of Leaders