2020 Conference Schedule
Thank you to those who were able to join us at Colorado Conference on Volunteerism (CCOV). For DOVIA Colorado members, materials and recordings are going to be available on our website soon. For registered attendees, you will receive access via e-mail soon. For any questions, contact the Conference Chair directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCOV 2020 Program - Online Version
Printable CCOV 2020 Program - Black/White
Printable CCOV 2020 Program - Color
Thursday, October 1, 12-5:30p.m.
12:00-1:30p.m. Opening Remarks and Keynote Speaker:
Getting a Seat at the Table: Moving from Coordinator to Director and from Do-er to Influencer with Beth Steinhorn
1:45-2:45p.m. Session 1 (Attendees will choose one)
3:00-4:00p.m. Session 2 (Attendees will choose one)
- Volunteers with Different Abilities with Allison Waldvogel, CVA
- Volunteer Empowerment & Leadership Development with Raegan Gyorffy and Wendy Webster
- Kicking Off Virtual Volunteerism for Your Org-how to engage volunteers stuck at home with Leanne Mersmann
4:15-5:15p.m. Drink Tank Session: Idea Exchange (Attendees will choose one)
- Communicating Up: Presenting Yourself as a Strategic Partner to Leadership with Karen Reid, MA, CVA
- Virtual Dirt & Teens--A Denver Botanic Gardens Case Study with Trystan Popish
- Hold 'Em or Fold 'Em: How to Inspire, Fire, or Move Challenging Volunteers with Dana Litwin, CVA
Friday, October 2, 9:00a.m.-1:00p.m.
- Best Practices during COVID-19
- DEIA: How to Open the Door to New Communities and Remove Barriers in your Volunteer Program
- How to Navigate Difficult Conversations
9:00-10:30a.m. Opening Remarks and Plenary Speaker:
"Different--Just Like You" A Dialogue on Diversity and Inclusion Best Practice with Dr. MelindaJoy Mingo
10:45-11:45a.m. Session 3 (Attendees will choose one)
12:00-1:00p.m. Networking Lunch: Surviving and Succeeding in 2020
- The Highly Valued Volunteer Engagement Professional with Corina Sadler, CVA & Rebecca Hand, MPA, CVA
- Power Tools in COVID-19 Times with Nira Duvan
- Elevating our Organizations by Leveraging Virtual Skills Based Volunteering with Tyler Manley and Cesar Del Valle
A Note from the DOVIA Colorado Board
The 2020 VIRTUAL Colorado Conference on Volunteerism
With crisis comes opportunity – to learn, to connect, and to become even better. We, at DOVIA Colorado, are determined to build a virtual conference
that will empower, inspire, and support you and your organization.
It is not lost on us that the in-person networking is a crucial piece of this event. We value seeing your faces, sharing ideas and being able to greet friends in person. We are committed to creating as many ways as possible to establish connection and community despite the distance an e-platform creates. THANK YOU for all the hard work you do across our Colorado communities, engaging your volunteers and connecting them to powerful missions across the state. You are awesome!
If you have any questions related to the Colorado Conference on Volunteerism, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Conference Chair directly at email@example.com. You can also reach DOVIA Colorado for general inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOVIA Colorado Board of Directors